Yes, the 21st century is considered a time away from reading books, but the opinion of the editorial MacDigger differs from the majority opinion. Therefore, we present our selection of the best applications for reading on iOS. Read the article here is the best reading apps for iOS.
All software of this format is divided into three categories, in which you can:
- Get the full collection of books for subscription.
- Buy publications separately.
- Download books from third-party sources and open them in the application.
The best readers with a subscription
1. Bookmate – reader and social network.
Very convenient and simple application, with a cool interface and intuitive control. On the main page of the user, there will be a “carousel” with books that he added to his collection and several additional shelves. The second is a normal search, the third – all the activity of friends and various groups. The fourth page contains information about the user, settings, several social network buttons, and numbers with the number of subscriptions and subscribers.
In order to access the entire collection of books, you need to subscribe. Also for all fans of freebies in Bookmate, there is a free classic, for example, masterpieces of Leo Tolstoy or Dostoevsky.
2. MyBook – modernity, and figures.
In fact, MyBook is the same as Bookmate. To access books, you also need to subscribe, you can download the classics for free, and so on. But this application distinguishes from the above-mentioned more modern design and interesting statistics of reading each user.
Everything is done in cool black and yellow tones, and the profile page and a special line on the main screen will prompt the time spent reading favorite genres preferred for books time of day, and others.
Recommended: 6 Best RSS Readers for Your Apple Devices
Buying books separately
For this task, ideally, only one application is suitable: LitRes. This is the best e-book store in Russia, its application in the App Store and Google Play is constantly updated and developing, and MyBook service is their brainchild.
Liters constantly hosts promotions, they give out free paid publications, share selections, and cheer the clients with discounts. Of course, you can read bought directly in the browser, but it’s better and more convenient in the application. What is convenience? In the statistics of reading, in a very convenient reader and the beauty of the interface.
Books from third-party sources
The editors of MacDigger welcome paid products and services, so it advises all readers to thank authors and publishers for their work giving small (and they really small) amounts for books.
In any case, those who, for example, do not like the built-in reader LitRes, can take advantage of third-party options. They will do:
- The above bookmate: it can add any downloaded from a third-party source book. Of course, this is done so that users can read even what is not in the service library.
- i2ReaderCloud is a good paid software that can open any file with a book. Unfortunately, the interface is heavily curled, but the settings are a whole sea.
- Good old iBooks. Yes, it is able to open only ebup-files, but you can close your eyes to the convenience and simplicity of the application design.
Follow the news in our Telegram-channel, as well as in the MacDigger application on iOS.
Here is my best selection of the best reading apps for iOS.